What a list this Gift Guide for First, Second, and Third Graders turned out to be! Some of the most fun gifts I’ve listed for this age range with a wide variety of gifts based in the STEM category. Gender neutral and with multiple activity levels. These gifts are going to keep them learning, interested, and busy.
Affiliate links are used in this post, therefore I earn a small commission on all qualifying purchases in this post and corresponding social media.
1. Gear Bots: LEGO’s are classic and always fun. This collection, called Gear Bots is comprised of 8 LEGO physics-driven kinetic creatures that once built move around. Definitely a STEM favorite.
2. Harry Potter Coding Kit: This has got to be the coolest tech gift I’ve seen in a long time! A Harry Potter Coding Kit that includes a wand you build and develop to work based on movements and motions. This is one you’ll want to read the instructions/set up requirements before it’s opened by your little one! Also, available in Frozen.
3. Air Fort: How cool is this Air Fort!? Easy setup, easy to take down, and folds up into a bag when you’re done. This would be a great reading nook or playtime escape.
4. Dinosaur Globe Interactive: Move over Ross, your kid could be the next most popular Paleontologist with this super Interactive Dinosaur Globe. Scan the globe to get Dinosaur facts, play trivia games, and time travel!
5. Instamax Instant Polaroid Camera*: Polaroid Cameras are an amazing and timeless gift for any age. The Instamax Instant Polaroid Camera is perfect for this age range. Quite user-friendly, small enough in size – a definite Best Seller.
6. Save Spend Share Piggy Bank: What a wonderful way to encourage and teach good money-spending and saving habits! This Save Spend and Share Piggy Bank comes in 3 different color stacking blocks labeled for each use, Save is green, Spend is red, and Share is blue. Help your little one put away their money in each category to see it grow or help them understand how spending works.
7. 3D Gravity Puzzle Sphere: Think arcade pinball in the palm of your hand! It’s very interactive and extremely fun to look at.
8. UNO Flip: UNO is the game that will make or break any family – haha. I hereby challenge you to UNO Flip.
9. Headbandz Blast Off: Absolutely love this game for family time. Headbandz can get anyone jumping out of their chair! The basic concept, help the Headbandz wearer guess the word on their card before the clock runs out.
10. Meditation Turtle: In today’s day and age we want to help our kids understand that they do need breaks and downtime. Meditation Turtle encourages kids through guided meditation with no screen time. Sounds like a wonderful way to break up the day or help settle down before bed.
11. Monopoly Jr.: Board games can be fun but complicated for little ones and Monopoly Jr. is an awesome way to introduce them to the classic family game.
12. Giant Outdoor Ping Pong Set: For the warmer months or even families with lots of space this Giant Outdoor Ping Pong Set is so fun. It comes with the whole setup, including the paddles, net, bases, and balls.
13. Yeti Kids Cup*: I swear this can go on every single one of my guides and it will never miss. Pick their favorite color, match their lunch set, or even get it personalized. The Yeti Kids Cup is great.
14. Glow in the Dark Terrarium: Everything your kiddo needs to create and care for their very own Glow in the Dark Terrarium. I also love this Unicorn Terrarium.
15. Super Gross Chemistry Set: Don’t let the name fool you, this is such an awesome gift! The Super Gross Chemistry Set is filled with fun and interesting experiments carried out in exciting ways. I promise you the name alone will have them hooked – then the real fun begins.
16. One in a Chameleon: One in a Chameleon is certainly a one-of-a-kind gift in all the best ways for your budding genius. Help all the Chameleons hide on one of the many pattern sheets!
17. Extreme Geiser Tube: Another science gift that will have your kids in an uproar and the whole family laughing and ducking for cover. The Extreme Geiser Tube lets you all test the infamous Mentos-Soda challenge!
18. Gib Gab Family Game: I love this game! Great fun for the whole family and can really be done well with this age range. Take turns saying a word from the category and pressing the button. It’s as simple as that, however, the clock is against you!
19. Edible Poop Food Chemistry: Alright, I think we all know kids this age, for one reason or the other love all things poop. It’s weird and even a little gross but hey it doesn’t all have to be bad. Edible Poop Food Chemistry lets you create edible poop arrangements – haha. Bake cookies, cupcakes, and sweets that are all poop-related.
20. Gravity Maze: A combination logic game, marble run, and STEM toy. Gravity Maze is a challenge game with 60 challenges with levels from beginner to expert. This will definitely have everyone glued to the today on Christmas morning! Kids can challenge themselves or do group challenges or even work in teams.